Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Farewell...

Now that we are settled in our new apartment in Utah, I want to give a tearful farewell to Santa Barbara. I thought about making a list of the ten things I am going to miss the most, but I couldn't narrow it down. We have so many fond memories of our 2 1/2 years there. We made some amazing friends and grew closer as a couple. Rather than trying to put into words my feelings about that beautiful place, here is a little slideshow of a few of our Santa Barbara moments...






Last, but certainly not least, I have to say farewell to our little feathered friend Petie. Through a stupid error on my part, Petie flew the coup the day I left Santa Barbara. Apparently he didn't want to leave. I can't say I blame him. We hope you are enjoying your life as a free bird, Petie, thanks for being our little buddy!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

So sorry about Petie! Are you a little bit glad you are not having to breathe all of that smoke from the fires? Now, you just need to gear up for the winter there in SLC - but I'm glad you two are together again!

doug said...

...puppy pictures, please...

:)

King Jimmie said...

My heart is officially wrenched! I miss ya too Petie! But I sure am glad the rest of you made it!