Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Name Game

Last night, after studying every feature of our puppy and doing some research on the internet, we came to the conclusion that she may be a pure-bred staffie after all. It turns out there are a few different variations on the breed. The most popular are the English version, which is what we originally were drawn to. They look like this:




There is another version called the American Staffordshire, they are a little larger and have more of a pitbull looking face:




Finally, the Irish Staffordshire bull terrier:


As you can see, they have a leaner body, a longer snout, and their haunches are more even with their shoulders. Fascinating, I know. We might be wrong, but it doesn't matter... the point is that we decided since she is Irish, she needs an Irish name! So I am happy to say that "Bob" is now "Molly"!

4 comments:

doug said...

Molly. Cute! I love it.

Some other Irish names you might have considered: Shepherd's Pie. Guinness. Blarney. Flannerty O'Hannerty. Um, Cathy the Catholic? :)

(I don't know much about Ireland.)

Korey and Brandi said...

Hey thanks for giving her my info! Ya I can do anything if she has a something in mind she can just let me know and I will try to find it or she can email me what she wants!!! thanks again!!

Johnston Family said...

Hey! I finally got to get caught up on your blog! What a cute dog! And I am so excited that you are back in Utah! Where are you at? We should get together!

Parker or Jessica said...

We need to get together!! lets go to sushi soon! XOXO